Monday, September 06, 2004

Delgado thoughts

I remember reading John Hickey's article on Friday and nearly spitting out my coffee when I read his thoughts that Carlos Delgado "might" have to take a 25 % pay cut when he signs his next contract. I don't see Delgado getting the $60M over four years, but I've been wrong before. I think we need to start by figuring out what teams will even be vying for Delgado's services. Going through all 30 teams I came up with the following list of teams who might need a full time first baseman:

Yankees
Orioles
Devil Rays
Twins
Mariners
Braves
Marlins
Mets
Pirates
Dodgers
Giants


I reduce the list to teams which I think can afford at least $27M over 3 years:

Yankees
Orioles
Mariners
Mets
Dodgers
Braves???

Out of those teams, what is the lucklihood of each getting into the mix:

Yankees - Whether or not the Yanks are in or out, they will say they are in to drive up the price. If Giambi can't return, you have to think they are interested although starting pitching will be their priority.

Orioles - They have already invested heavily in Tejada and Lopez for offense. Like the Yankees they are going after pitching first.

Mets - I'm not sure that the sting of the Mo Vaughn contract hasn't gone away. Like the Yankees, they might act interested to drive the price up.

Dodgers - They are probably not in the mix at all. They like Green at first and Choi also deserves a chance. Why would they invest in Delgado.

Braves - They probably don't have the money. Besides, Adam LaRoche is making $300K.

In summary, I don't see much of a market for Delgado. I agree with Pete's post that he is probably somebody we should stay away from for $10M+, but there has to be some point where he is a good gamble for us. Four years at $25M sounds ridiculously low, but where else will Delgado get something like that?


1 Comments:

At December 4, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Anonymous bestiality sex stories said...

I know so. Her girlfriend is married to my boss at work so I cant say alot.
free forced to fuck stories
true masturbation stories
first time masturbation stories
wild french fuck stories
first lesbian stories
I know so. Her girlfriend is married to my boss at work so I cant say alot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home